Miami (A1766546) is a 1 year & 2 month old, male red merle Catahoula Leopard Hound mix weighing 45 pounds. Miami is full of energy, talented, eager to please and a very handsome tall young guy. His owner died so he was in shock with his new surroundings and situation. His previous owner took good care of him as you can see by his gorgeous coat. He also already knows “sit”, “down” and shakes both paws! He’s had a lot of life changes recently but now he’s ready and eager for his new home. He’d like an adult home where his people are on the active side. Morning and evening walks, hikes on the weekend, and play time in a big back yard with tall walls. He likes to chill sitting at your feet just “being” with you and sneak in a kiss. We’ve learned he doesn’t like cats and would be happiest an as your only fur-baby. Perhaps a little shy the first few moments ask to meet Miami in one of our large play yards where you can let him run some zoomies, chase a ball and show you his tricks. You will findMiami at the Eastside shelter, 8920 Lomas Blvd NE.
National Pit Bull Awareness Day on Saturday, October 28
The City of Albuquerque Animal Welfare Department is hosting a National Pit Bull Awareness Day event on Saturday, October 28, at all city animal shelters.
The National Pit Bull Awareness Campaign is a nationwide effort to bring positive awareness and attention to the Pit Bull Terrier. Animal Welfare is providing a day of free education, resources, products and services to people who have Pit Bull Terrier type dogs. It is a special day to focus on these incredible dogs and a day to change perceptions and stereotypes.So, come on by to help us celebrate these wonderful pets and that legendary, goofy Pittie smile.
For more information visit our web site www.cabq.gov/pets.
Plenty to do:
· $10 adoption fee for all pets
· Free public spay/neuter surgery coupons for owners of Pit Bulls and Pit Mixes only. (Albuquerque residents only) – Pick up coupon at any city shelter.
· Free public microchip for Pit Bulls and Pit Mixes only (East & West animal shelters) only until the end of the month.
· The event will feature free professional training advice for your Pit Bull
· Free samples of dog food and much more!
· Free training class at Los Altos for Pit Bulls and Pit Mixes – attendees will receive a Busy Buddy toy 1st class: 10:30 –11:30 a.m.; 2nd class: noon. – 1 p.m. Sign up at www.cabq.gov/pets