Even if you’ve been with your partner for a long time and know them really well, it can still be hard to pick out the perfect Valentine’s Day present. Here are some gifts you DON’T want to give them.
- An envelope full of money - Cash is always appreciated by your teenage nephew, but giving a stack of bills to your special someone on Valentine’s Day? Probably not the best way to show you care.
- A vacuum cleaner - You might think that Roomba robot vacuum will save your partner a bunch of time cleaning, but unless you know they really want that home appliance for Valentine’s Day, this is not the time to get it for them.
- Smoothing serum - Anti-aging beauty products as a Valentine’s gift may send the message that you think your Valentine looks older, so if you’re really just trying to pamper them, go with a gift card for a massage or a facial instead.
- Tickets to a game for your favorite sports team - If the sporting event is something you guys can enjoy as a couple, go for it. But don’t use Valentine’s Day as an excuse to splurge on expensive tickets if the one you love doesn’t care about the game or team.
- Yellow roses - It’s all about the color here because while red roses symbolize true love, yellow ones are a symbol of friendship, so you could be sending your Valentine the message that you see the relationship as platonic.
- A self-help book - Just because you know your S.O. gets anxious or wants to lose a few pounds doesn’t mean that it’s a good idea to get them a book on dealing with that sensitive issue. Valentine’s Day is the time to boost their confidence, not bring them down, unless you want to go home alone that night.
- Source: click HERE