Facts About Game of Thrones You Probably Didn't Know:
Are you as excited as I am for the return of GOT? I'm nervous, excited, scared... so many emotions! Check out some facts about GOT you might not have known.
Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) adopted 'Zunni' (dire wolf) after filming ended for Season 1 of GoT
- Author George R. R. Martin told producers David Benioff and Dan Weiss the major plot lines (including the main ending) of the story in case he dies before completing the remaining novels.
- The torture scene with the rat in the heated pot in Game of Thrones was an actual method of torture that was used during the Red Terror
- Harry Lloyd, who played Viserys Targaryen is the great-great-great grandson of English writer Charles Dickens
- There is an unaired pilot of Game of Thrones that will probably never see the light of day
- Sibel Kekilli who plays Shae in GoT used to be a porn star and went by the stage name Dilara
- The Iron Throne used in the series is sharp and jagged, cutting those who sit on it. In the book, Aegon had it made this way deliberately saying that a king should never sit easy
- In order to make Game of thrones, HBO hired an expert linguist to make the Dothraki language consisting of 1800 words.
- Game of Thrones used a prop of George Bush's head in several of the beheading scenes
- A replica of Gandalf's sword, Glamdring, from Lord of the Rings trilogy and Hobbit trilogy, is near the centre of iron throne.
- For dragon screams, Game of Thrones uses the sounds of two tortoises mating.
- Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) was doused in so much fake blood during one scene that she got stuck to the toilet seat during a break
- The role of Tommen Baratheon, portrayed by Callum Wharry, was completely absent from the third season of the series and was later recast for season 4; being then played by Dean-Charles Chapman, who had already previously appeared in the show playing Martyn Lannister in season 3.
- The “horse heart” that - - -Daenerys ate for Khal Drogo was actually a three-pound mass of a gummy bear.
- After Jon Snow’s apparent death in the season five finale of Game of Thrones, Kit Harrington said that the only person he told the character’s fate to was a police officer in order to get out of a speeding ticket.
- A body double was cast to perform Cersei Lannister’s Walk of Shame in Season 5’s finale. Her body double (Rebecca Van Cleave) performed nude while Lena Headey wore a simple beige shift. The show’s visual effects team then merged the performances together combining Headey’s progression of facial emotions during Cersei’s punishing hike to the Red Keep
- After filming Ned Stark’s death scene for Game of Thrones, Sean Bean played football with the replica of his decapitated head.
Also here is a flash back of Snoop Dogg doing a recap of Game of Thrones. Not safe for work...but hilarious!